Join us at this great event industry fundraiser - Event Industry Backyard Ultra
On June 8-9 2021, kicking off at 4pm UK time (23:00 Shanghai/19:00 Dubai/11:00 ET/10:00 Mexico) Douglas Emslie, CEO, Tarsus Group will undertake a 24-hour running challenge – the Event Industry Backyard Ultra – to support those in need through a few related charities. We need your support to help him complete this challenge, raise as much funds as possible and celebrate the return to live events!
Doug’s Backyard Ultra Challenge is in aid of three very important causes, the Meetings Industry Fund, the Indian Red Cross Society and Eventwell - in the wake of COVID-19 society these causes need your support more than ever.
Described as “the toughest, weirdest race you’ve never heard of” (BBC Sport), this ultramarathon will see Doug complete a 5k run every hour, for 24 hours. To complete this challenge, Doug must consecutively run a 5k distance in less than one hour, when each lap is completed he will use any time remaining within that hour to recover for the next lap.
To coincide, we will be streaming live industry panels from around the world and checking-in with Doug and other event industry runners who will be joining him along the way.
There are many ways you can be a part of the Event Industry Backyard Ultra:
- Sponsorship. Corporate sponsorships are a great way to be associated with the event & help hit the fundraising target
- Join or host a Panel. Join industry thought-leaders for insights and discussion on the return to live events – there will be live, regional panels throughout June 8-9 from the USA, UK, Mexico, Asia and Middle East
- Tune in. Join our live streams on June 8-9
- Donate. Individual donations of any amount are very welcome! https://gofund.me/c6e6e8e8
- Share. Spread the word amongst your industry colleagues
For more information visit www.24hour5krun.com.